SULOM presidential hopeful Fleetwood Haiya presented his manifesto in Blantyre on Tuesday, revealing plans to set up a professional and effective SULOM secretariat and helping super League clubs to achieve financial independence among others.
The SULOM elections will take place on February 25th in Mangochi.
In his bid to lead Country’s elite football, Haiya will battle against incumbent Tiya Somba Banda and other inspirants.
The Nyasa Big Bullets vice president said he has made the decision to contest to end some challenges that have been pull factors to Malawi’s elite football.
“There’s lack of a solid organization culture, absence of a strategic plan and roadmap, absence of a fully-fledged secretariat and, feeble efforts towards commercialization. It is, therefore, not surprising that we have the least developed and attractive League within the region and the continent at large” said Haiya
Below is Haiya’s 5-poing Action Plan he intends to implement when elected SULOM president:
1. Serving Clubs, in the best interest of the Clubs.
2. Setting up a professional and effective SULOM Secretariat.
3. Initiating and implementing SULOM Strategic Plan.
4. Realizing the full potential of Malawi elite football through commercialization.
5. Helping super league clubs to achieve financial independence.